12 Things Men Can Do to Stop Violence Against Women
1. Recognize that domestic violence is every man's responsibility.
2. Speak up. Don't be a silent bystander.
3. Challenge men who use sexist language and make degrading jokes about women.
4. Ask a woman how the threat of violence impacts her life. Listen & learn from women.
5. Think about how our attitudes and language contribute to the problems of men's abuse of women.
6. Call 911. Domestic violence is not a private matter - it's a crime.
7. Recognize that degrading images of women in the media are linked to violence against women
8. Boycott magazines, videos and music that promote violence against women.
9. Talk to and teach boys and young men about healthy relationships. Walk the talk and be a good role model.
10. Seek help if you have a problem being emotionally, verbally, or physically abusive.
11. Join other concerned men and women to address gender violence through groups such as Men Against Violence and the Feminist Majority Leadership Alliance.
12. Support anti-violence campaigns in your community! There is usually an organization that is doing something to end violence. Support these activities.